Vascular Dementia (VaD) is the second most common form of dementia after Alzheimer disease. It is also known as multi-infarct dementia (MID) and vascular cognitive impairment (VCI), and is caused by issues with blood supply to the brain, typically caused by a series of minor strokes.
This report provides the current prevalent population for Vascular Dementia across 13 Major Markets (USA, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom, Brazil, Japan, India, China, Republic of Korea and Russian Federation) and 5-year age cohort. Along with the current prevalence, the report also contains a disease overview of the risk factors, disease diagnosis and prognosis along with specific variations by geography and ethnicity.
Providing a value-added level of insight from the analysis team at Black Swan, several of the main symptoms and co-morbidities of Vascular Dementia have been quantified and presented alongside the overall prevalence figures. These sub-populations within the main disease are also included at a country level across the 10-year forecast snapshot.
Main symptoms and co-morbidities for Vascular Dementia include:
- Heart disease
- Sleep apnoea (linked with hypertension)
- Other dementias
This report is built using data and information sourced from the proprietary Epiomic patient segmentation database. To generate accurate patient population estimates, the Epiomic database utilises a combination of several world class sources that deliver the most up to date information from patient registries, clinical trials and epidemiology studies. All of the sources used to generate the data and analysis have been identified in the report.
Reason to buy
- Able to quantify patient populations in global Vascular Dementia market to target the development of future products, pricing strategies and launch plans.
- Gain further insight into the prevalence of the subdivided types of Vascular Dementia and identify patient segments with high potential.
- Delivery of more accurate information for clinical trials in study sizing and realistic patient recruitment for various countries.
- Provide a level of understanding on the impact from specific co-morbid conditions on Vascular Dementia prevalent population.
- Identify sub-populations within Vascular Dementia which require treatment.
- Gain an understanding of the specific markets that have the largest number of Vascular Dementia patients.