Ulcerative Colitis (UC) is an inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) causing chronic inflammation in the colon, and is treated as an autoimmune disease. While sharing some features with Crohn's disease, UC is an intermittent disease with periods of symptoms interspersed with asymptomatic periods (generally induced by response to treatment). The disease involves the rectum up to the colon and is classified according to length of colon affected.
This report provides the current prevalent population for Ulcerative Colitis across 8 Major Markets (USA, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Brazil and Japan) split by gender and 5-year age cohort. Along with the current prevalence, the report also contains a disease overview of the risk factors, disease diagnosis and prognosis along with specific variations by geography and ethnicity.
Providing a value-added level of insight from the analysis team at Black Swan, several of the main symptoms and co-morbidities of Ulcerative Colitis have been quantified and presented alongside the overall prevalence figures. These sub-populations within the main disease are also included at a country level across the 10-year forecast snapshot.
Main symptoms and co-morbidities for Ulcerative Colitis include:
- Colorectal cancer
- Complications from surgery
- Toxic megacolon
- Extra-intestinal features (e.g. primary sclerosing cholangitis, erythema nodosum)
This report is built using data and information sourced from the proprietary Epiomic patient segmentation database. To generate accurate patient population estimates, the Epiomic database utilises a combination of several world class sources that deliver the most up to date information from patient registries, clinical trials and epidemiology studies. All of the sources used to generate the data and analysis have been identified in the report.
Reason to buy
- Able to quantify patient populations in global Ulcerative Colitis’s market to target the development of future products, pricing strategies and launch plans.
- Gain further insight into the prevalence of the subdivided types of Ulcerative Colitis and identify patient segments with high potential.
- Delivery of more accurate information for clinical trials in study sizing and realistic patient recruitment for various countries.
- Provide a level of understanding on the impact from specific co-morbid conditions on Ulcerative Colitis’s prevalent population.
- Identify sub-populations within Ulcerative Colitis which require treatment.
- Gain an understanding of the specific markets that have the largest number of Ulcerative Colitis patients.