Type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM) is a cluster of diseases characterised by high levels of blood glucose, as well as inability of the body to produce sufficient insulin coupled with systemic desensitisation to insulin. Although not exclusively, T2DM is associated with lifestyle factors including unhealthy diet, physical inactivity and obesity. T2DM leads to multiple complications that constitute a serious burden on healthcare systems and causes a 10-year reduction of life expectancy. Diabetes has been recognised by WHO as a global epidemic.
This report provides the current prevalent population for type 2 diabetes mellitus across 22 Major Markets (USA, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Poland, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Russia, Turkey, Japan, China, South Korea, India, Australia, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina) split by gender and 5-year age cohort. Along with the current prevalence, the report also contains a disease overview of the risk factors, disease diagnosis and prognosis along with specific variations by geography and ethnicity.
Providing a value-added level of insight from the analysis team at Black Swan, some patient parameters and features, as well as several of the main symptoms and co-morbidities of type 2 diabetes mellitus have been quantified and presented alongside the overall prevalence figures. These sub-populations within the main disease are also included at a country level across the 10-year forecast snapshot.
Main symptoms and co-morbidities for type 2 diabetes mellitus include:
- Chronic kidney disease (CKD)
- Myocardial infarction (MI)
- Lower limb ulcerations & amputations
- Macular oedema
- Chronic heart failure (CHF)
- Neuropathic pain
- Peripheral neuropathy
This report is built using data and information sourced from the proprietary Epiomic patient segmentation database. To generate accurate patient population estimates, the Epiomic database utilises a combination of several world class sources that deliver the most up to date information form patient registries, clinical trials and epidemiology studies. All of the sources used to generate the data and analysis have been identified in the report.
Reason to buy
- Able to quantify patient populations in global type 2 diabetes mellitus market to target the development of future products, pricing strategies and launch plans.
- Gain further insight into the prevalence of the subdivided types of type 2 diabetes mellitus and identify patient segments with high potential.
- Delivery of more accurate information for clinical trials in study sizing and realistic patient recruitment for various countries.
- Provide a level of understanding on the impact from specific co-morbid conditions on type 2 diabetes mellitus prevalent population.
- Identify sub-populations within type 2 diabetes mellitus which require treatment.
- Gain an understanding of the specific markets that have the largest number of type 2 diabetes mellitus patients.