Parkinson’s disease (PD) is a neurodegenerative disorder that seriously affects everyday activities. PD is an age-related, progressive disease characterised by the damage to and death of dopaminergic neurons in the substantia nigra, as well as other regions of the brain. This results in the onset and development of various motor and non-motor manifestations that lead to disability and significantly deteriorate patient quality of life. Studies conducted over the last two decades have revealed the complex and multifactorial nature of the disease.
This report provides the current prevalent population for Parkinson’s disease across 19 Major Markets (USA, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Russia, Poland, Netherlands, Turkey, Japan, China, South Korea, India, Australia, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina) split by gender and 5-year age cohort. Along with the current prevalence, the report also contains a disease overview of the risk factors, disease diagnosis and prognosis along with specific variations by geography and ethnicity.
Providing a value-added level of insight from the analysis team at Black Swan, patient populations with the appropriate stages of Parkinson’s disease, as well as several of the main symptoms and co-morbidities of Parkinson’s disease have been quantified and presented alongside the overall prevalence figures. These sub-populations within the main disease are also included at a country level across the 10-year forecast snapshot.
Main symptoms and co-morbidities for Parkinson’s disease include:
- REM sleep behaviour disorder
- Gastrointestinal motility dysfunction
- Orthostatic hypotension
This report is built using data and information sourced from the proprietary Epiomic patient segmentation database. To generate accurate patient population estimates, the Epiomic database utilises a combination of several world class sources that deliver the most up to date information form patient registries, clinical trials and epidemiology studies. All of the sources used to generate the data and analysis have been identified in the report.
Reason to buy
- Able to quantify patient populations in global Parkinson’s disease market to target the development of future products, pricing strategies and launch plans.
- Gain further insight into the prevalence of the subdivided types of Parkinson’s disease and identify patient segments with high potential.
- Delivery of more accurate information for clinical trials in study sizing and realistic patient recruitment for various countries.
- Provide a level of understanding on the impact from specific co-morbid conditions on Parkinson’s disease’s prevalent population.
- Identify sub-populations within Parkinson’s disease which require treatment.
- Gain an understanding of the specific markets that have the largest number of Parkinson’s disease patients.