The DSM-5 defines opioid use disorder as a problematic pattern of opioid use leading to clinically significant impairment or distress, typically manifested by one of the following within a 12-month period, taking larger amounts of opioids or taking opioids over a longer period than was intended. As a result of the increased death toll largely in western parts of the world because of opioid misuse of prescription drugs such as fentanyl, heroin continues to be crisis which affects public health as well as social and economic welfare.
This report provides the current incidence for Bell’s palsy across 24 Major Markets (USA, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Ireland, Brazil, Turkey, Mexico, Denmark, Argentina, Australia, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland, The Netherlands, Poland, Russia, India, Switzerland, Austria) split by gender and 5-year age cohort. Along with the current prevalence, the report also contains a disease overview of the risk factors, disease diagnosis and prognosis along with specific variations by geography and ethnicity.
Providing a value-added level of insight from the analysis team at Black Swan, several of the main symptoms and co-morbidities of opioid use disorder have been quantified and presented alongside the overall prevalence figures. These sub-populations within the main disease are also included at a country level across the 10-year forecast snapshot.
Main symptoms and co-morbidities for the disease include:
- Inability to control opioid use
- Uncontrollable cravings
- Changes in sleep habits
- Weight loss
- Frequent flu-like symptoms
- Change in volume of tears/saliva that the individual may produce
This report is built using data and information sourced from the proprietary Epiomic patient segmentation database. To generate accurate patient population estimates, the Epiomic database utilises a combination of several world class sources that deliver the most up to date information form patient registries, clinical trials and epidemiology studies. All the sources used to generate the data and analysis have been identified in the report.
Reason to buy
- Able to quantify patient populations in global opioid use market to target the development of future products, pricing strategies and launch plans.
- Gain further insight into the incidence of the subdivided types of opioid use and identify patient segments with high potential.
- Delivery of more accurate information for clinical trials in study sizing and realistic patient recruitment for various countries.
- Provide a level of understanding on the impact from specific co-morbid conditions associated with opioid use
- Identify sub-populations within opioid use which require treatment.
- Gain an understanding of the specific markets that have the largest number of opioid use patients