Myasthenia Gravis (MG), also known as autoimmune myasthenia, is one of the most significant diseases affecting the neuromuscular junction. The disorder is caused by auto-antibodies that target components of the post-synaptic muscle endplate. This includes antibodies that target acetylcholine receptors (AChR), muscle-specific kinase (MUSK) and lipoprotein release protein 4 (LRP4). Please note that this module does not cover congenital MG forms.
This report provides the current prevalent population for Myasthenia Gravis across 26 Major Markets (USA, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Ireland, Denmark, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Estonia, Croatia, Poland, Russia, Greece, Turkey, Japan, China, South Korea, Argentina, Brazil, Mexico, India and Australia) split by gender and 5-year age cohort. Along with the current prevalence, the report also contains a disease overview of the risk factors, disease diagnosis and prognosis along with specific variations by geography and ethnicity.
Providing a value-added level of insight from the analysis team at Black Swan, several of the main symptoms and co-morbidities of Myasthenia Gravis have been quantified and presented alongside the overall prevalence figures. These sub-populations within the main disease are also included at a country level across the 10-year forecast snapshot.
MG often co-occurs with other autoimmune conditions including:
- Ankylosing spondylitis
- Sjogren's syndrome
- Ulcerative colitis
- Crohn's disease
- Other forms of AI
This report is built using data and information sourced from the proprietary Epiomic patient segmentation database. To generate accurate patient population estimates, the Epiomic database utilises a combination of several world class sources that deliver the most up to date information form patient registries, clinical trials and epidemiology studies. All of the sources used to generate the data and analysis have been identified in the report.
Reason to buy
- Able to quantify patient populations in global Myasthenia Gravis market to target the development of future products, pricing strategies and launch plans.
- Gain further insight into the prevalence of the subdivided types of Myasthenia Gravis and identify patient segments with high potential.
- Delivery of more accurate information for clinical trials in study sizing and realistic patient recruitment for various countries.
- Provide a level of understanding on the impact from specific co-morbid conditions on Myasthenia Gravis prevalent population.
- Identify sub-populations within Myasthenia Gravis which require treatment.
- Gain an understanding of the specific markets that have the largest number of Myasthenia Gravis patients.