Gastroparesis is a syndrome characterised by delayed gastric emptying in the absence of mechanical obstruction. There is no official classification criterion upon diagnosis. Diabetic gastroparesis affects patients with long-standing diabetes mellitus usually complicated with retinopathy, neuropathy and nephropathy.
This report provides the current prevalent population for Diabetic Gastroparesis across 12 Major Markets (USA, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Japan, Brazil, India, China, and Russia) split by gender and 5-year age cohort. Along with the current prevalence, the report also contains a disease overview of the risk factors, disease diagnosis and prognosis along with specific variations by geography and ethnicity.
Providing a value-added level of insight from the analysis team at Black Swan, several of the main symptoms and co-morbidities of Diabetic Gastroparesis have been quantified and presented alongside the overall prevalence figures. These sub-populations within the main disease are also included at a country level across the 10-year forecast snapshot.
These gastrointestinal symptoms include:
- Early satiety
- Postprandial fullness
- Upper abdominal pain
This report is built using data and information sourced from the proprietary Epiomic patient segmentation database. To generate accurate patient population estimates, the Epiomic database utilises a combination of several world class sources that deliver the most up to date information form patient registries, clinical trials and epidemiology studies. All of the sources used to generate the data and analysis have been identified in the report.
Reason to buy
- Able to quantify patient populations in global Diabetic Gastroparesis market to target the development of future products, pricing strategies and launch plans.
- Gain further insight into the prevalence of the subdivided types of Diabetic Gastroparesis and identify patient segments with high potential.
- Delivery of more accurate information for clinical trials in study sizing and realistic patient recruitment for various countries.
- Provide a level of understanding on the impact from specific co-morbid conditions on Diabetic Gastroparesis prevalent population.
- Identify sub-populations within Diabetic Gastroparesis which require treatment.
- Gain an understanding of the specific markets that have the largest number of Diabetic Gastroparesis patients.