Autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease (ADPKD) is a hereditary monogenic disorder characterised by the formation of renal cysts. ADPKD is one of the most common hereditary disorders, and the most common potentially fatal monogenetic disease. Virtually all patients with ADPKD will develop renal cysts at some point in their lives, and approx. 50% of them will develop renal failure. Although no cure for the disease is currently available, the currently marketed novel therapeutic JINARC (tolvaptan) has shown effectiveness in delaying the progress of the disease.
This report provides the current prevalent population for ADPKD across 29 Major Markets (USA, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Poland, Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Austria, Switzerland, Ireland, Portugal, Russia, Turkey, Japan, China, South Korea, India, Australia, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina) split by gender and 5-year age cohort. In addition to the current prevalence, the report provides an overview of the risk factors, diagnosis and prognosis of the disease, along with specific variations by geography and ethnicity.
Providing a value-added level of insight from the analysis team at Black Swan, several features of ADPKD patients, as well as some comorbidities of the disease have been quantified and presented alongside the overall prevalence figures. These sub-populations within the main disease are also included at a country level across the 10-year forecast snapshot.
Main symptoms and co-morbidities of ADPKD include:
- Polycystic liver disease
- Cardiac abnormalities (e.g., pericardial effusions, valvular abnormalities)
- Intracranial aneurysms
- Diverticular disease
This report is built using data and information sourced from the proprietary Epiomic patient segmentation database. To generate accurate patient population estimates, the Epiomic database utilises a combination of several world-class sources that deliver the most up-to-date information form patient registries, clinical trials and epidemiology studies. All of the sources used to generate the data and analysis have been identified in the report.
Reason to buy
- Ability to quantify patient populations in global ADPKD market to target the development of future products, pricing strategies and launch plans.
- Further insight into the prevalence of the subdivided types of ADPKD and identification of patient segments with high potential.
- Delivery of more accurate information for clinical trials in study sizing and realistic patient recruitment for various countries.
- Better understanding of the impact of specific co-morbid conditions on the prevalent population of ADPKD patients.
- Identification of ADPKD patient sub-populations that require treatment.
- Better understanding of the specific markets that have the largest number of ADPKD patients.