Allergic rhinitis (AR) is a condition caused by hypersensitivity of the nasal mucosa to allergens. AR constitutes a significant social and economic burden due to its frequency and association with other allergy symptoms, which negatively affects patients’ quality of life, school performance and work productivity, as well as global health economics.
This report provides the current prevalent population for allergic rhinitis across 26 Major Markets (USA, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Poland, Netherlands, Belgium, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Austria, Portugal, Russia, Turkey, Japan, China, South Korea, India, Australia, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina) split by gender and 5-year age cohort. In addition to the current prevalence, the report provides an overview of the risk factors, diagnosis and prognosis of the disease, along with specific variations by geography and ethnicity.
Providing a value-added level of insight from the analysis team at Black Swan, several features of allergic rhinitis patients, as well as the main symptoms and comorbidities of the disease have been quantified and presented alongside the overall prevalence figures. These sub-populations within the main disease are also included at a country level across the 10-year forecast snapshot.
Main symptoms and co-morbidities of allergic rhinitis include:
- Chronic otitis media with effusion
- Eustachian tube dysfunction
- Sleep impairment
- Obstructive sleep apnoea
- Pollen-food cross-reactivity
- Laryngeal irritation
- Globus sensation
This report is built using data and information sourced from the proprietary Epiomic patient segmentation database. To generate accurate patient population estimates, the Epiomic database utilises a combination of several world class sources that deliver the most up-to-date information form patient registries, clinical trials and epidemiology studies. All of the sources used to generate the data and analysis have been identified in the report.
Reason to buy
- Ability to quantify patient populations in global allergic rhinitis market to target the development of future products, pricing strategies and launch plans.
- Further insight into the prevalence of the subdivided types of allergic rhinitis and identification of patient segments with high potential.
- Delivery of more accurate information for clinical trials in study sizing and realistic patient recruitment for various countries.
- Better understanding of the impact of specific co-morbid conditions on the prevalent population of allergic rhinitis patients.
- Identification of allergic rhinitis patient sub-populations that require treatment.
- Better understanding of the specific markets that have the largest number of allergic rhinitis patients.