Parkinson’s disease is a complex neurological disorder, characterised by progressive nervous system disorder that affects movement. This typically causes long term problems in the brain and gets gradually worse over time. Individuals with this condition do not have enough of the chemical dopamine because the nerve cells responsible for producing dopamine, have died. The exact cause is unknown but is suggested to involve both genetic and environmental factors. For instance, those with a family member affected are more likely to get the disease themselves.
This report provides the current prevalence of Parkinson’s across 28 Major Markets (USA, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Brazil, Japan, China, South Korea, Turkey, Mexico, Denmark, Argentina, Australia, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland, The Netherlands, Poland, Russia, Switzerland, Austria, Belgium, Ireland & New Zealand) split by gender and 5-year age cohort. Along with the current prevalence, the report also contains a disease overview of the risk factors, disease diagnosis and prognosis along with specific variations by geography and ethnicity.
Providing a value-added level of insight from the analysis team at Black Swan, several of the main symptoms and co-morbidities of have been quantified and presented alongside the overall prevalence. These sub-populations within the main disease are also included at a country level across the 10-year forecast snapshot.
Main symptoms and co-morbidities for the disease include:
- Early signs: shaking, rigidity, slowness of movement and difficulty walking,
- Movement related symptoms
- Autonomic dysfunction
- Sleeping difficulties
- Cerebrovascular disease
This report is built using data and information sourced from the proprietary Epiomic patient segmentation database. To generate accurate patient population estimates, the Epiomic database utilises a combination of several world class sources that deliver the most up to date information from patient registries, clinical trials, and epidemiology studies. All the sources used to generate the data and analysis have been identified in the report.
Reason to buy
- Able to quantify patient populations in global Parkinson’s market to target the development of future products, pricing strategies and launch plans.
- Gain further insight into the incidence of the subdivided types of Parkinson’s and identify patient segments with high potential.
- Delivery of more accurate information for clinical trials in study sizing and realistic patient recruitment for various countries.
- Provide a level of understanding on the impact from specific co-morbid conditions on Parkinson’s prevalence.
- Identify sub-populations within Parkinson’s which require treatment.
- Gain an understanding of the specific markets that have the largest number Parkinson’s patients.