Hereditary Angioedema (HAE) is a genetic disorder that causes swelling under the skin and the lining of the guts and lungs. This can usually happen in different parts of the body. The age at which attacks begin varies, but most people have their first one in childhood or adolescence. The frequency of attacks usually increases after puberty. Exposure to certain foods or environmental factors can trigger HAE attacks, this includes seafoods, shellfish, nuts, eggs.
This report provides the current prevalence of HAE across 27 Major Markets (USA, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Brazil, Japan, China, South Korea, Turkey, Mexico, Denmark, Argentina, Australia, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland, The Netherlands, Poland, Russia, Switzerland, Austria, Belgium, Ireland and Iceland ) split by gender and 5-year age cohort. Along with the current prevalence, the report also contains a disease overview of the risk factors, disease diagnosis and prognosis along with specific variations by geography and ethnicity.
Providing a value-added level of insight from the analysis team at Black Swan, several of the main symptoms and co-morbidities of have been quantified and presented alongside the overall prevalence. These sub-populations within the main disease are also included at a country level across the 10-year forecast snapshot.
Main symptoms and co-morbidities for the disease include:
- Abdominal pain
- Ascites (accumulation of fluid in the abdomen)
- Facial edema (Facial puffiness)
- Associations with other autoimmune conditions: thyroiditis, lupus erythematosus & inflammatory bowel disease
This report is built using data and information sourced from the proprietary Epiomic patient segmentation database. To generate accurate patient population estimates, the Epiomic database utilises a combination of several world class sources that deliver the most up to date information form patient registries, clinical trials and epidemiology studies. All the sources used to generate the data and analysis have been identified in the report.
Reason to buy
- Able to quantify patient populations in global HAE market to target the development of future products, pricing strategies and launch plans.
- Gain further insight into the incidence of the subdivided types of HAE and identify patient segments with high potential.
- Delivery of more accurate information for clinical trials in study sizing and realistic patient recruitment for various countries.
- Provide a level of understanding on the impact from specific co-morbid conditions on HAE prevalence
- Identify sub-populations within HAE which require treatment.
- Gain an understanding of the specific markets that have the largest number HAE patients