Epilepsy is a complex neurological disorder characterised by the occurrence of seizures, divided into several types according to clinical and EEG features. There is a wide variety of potential causes of epilepsy, including those of genetic, traumatic, metabolic, infectious, malignant, or pharmacologic nature, but all contribute as an existing brain dysfunction. There are cognitive and behavioural impairments associated with seizures that be severe and irreversible, especially if they occur at critical developmental points in early childhood.
This report provides the current prevalence of EoE across 27 Major Markets (USA, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Brazil, Japan, China, South Korea, Turkey, Mexico, Denmark, Argentina, Australia, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland, The Netherlands, Poland, Russia, Switzerland, Austria ) split by gender and 5-year age cohort. Along with the current prevalence, the report also contains a disease overview of the risk factors, disease diagnosis and prognosis along with specific variations by geography and ethnicity.
Providing a value-added level of insight from the analysis team at Black Swan, several of the main symptoms and co-morbidities of have been quantified and presented alongside the overall prevalence. These sub-populations within the main disease are also included at a country level across the 10-year forecast snapshot.
Main symptoms and co-morbidities for the disease include:
- Behavioural and psychiatric disorders
- Neurological disorders
- Cardiovascular and respiratory diseases
- Inflammation disorders
- Lower mineral bone density and suicidal ideation
This report is built using data and information sourced from the proprietary Epiomic patient segmentation database. To generate accurate patient population estimates, the Epiomic database utilises a combination of several world class sources that deliver the most up to date information from patient registries, clinical trials and epidemiology studies. All the sources used to generate the data and analysis have been identified in the report.
Reason to buy
- Able to quantify patient populations in global Epilepsy market to target the development of future products, pricing strategies and launch plans.
- Gain further insight into the prevalence of the subdivided types of Epilepsy and identify patient segments with high potential.
- Delivery of more accurate information for clinical trials in study sizing and realistic patient recruitment for various countries.
- Provide a level of understanding on the impact from specific co-morbid conditions on Epilepsy prevalence
- Identify sub-populations within Epilepsy which require treatment.
- Gain an understanding of the specific markets that have the largest number of Epilepsy patients