Prevalence of Tuberculosis in 11 Major Markets 2015-2025
Tuberculosis (TB) is a chronic bacterial infection caused by variants of Mycobacterium tuberculosis. Usually affecting the lungs as the primary site of infection, but can affect extra-pulmonary sites also. Transmission occurs by an infected person with active TB, coughing, sneezing or even talking to other people. Droplets of saliva or mucus enter the air and other people are able to inhale the mycobacterium within the droplets.
This report provides the current incidence for TB across 11 Major Markets (USA, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Brazil, Japan, India, Poland and Romania) split by gender and 5-year age cohort. Along with the current incidence, the report provides an overview of TB patient origin status, drug resistance and causative species of TB. The report also contains a disease overview of the risk factors, disease diagnosis and prognosis along with specific variations by geography and ethnicity.
Providing a value-added level of insight from the analysis team at Black Swan, several of the main symptoms and co-morbidities of TB have been quantified and presented alongside the overall incidence figures. These sub-populations within the main disease are also included at a country level across the 10-year forecast snapshot.
Main symptoms and co-morbidities for TB include:
- Bloody sputum
- Bone pain
This report is built using data and information sourced from the proprietary Epiomic patient segmentation database. To generate accurate patient population estimates, the Epiomic database utilises a combination of several world class sources that deliver the most up to date information form patient registries, clinical trials and epidemiology studies. All of the sources used to generate the data and analysis have been identified in the report.
Reason to buy
- Able to quantify patient populations in global TB’s market to target the development of future products, pricing strategies and launch plans.
- Gain further insight into the incidence of the subdivided types of TB and identify patient segments with high potential.
- Delivery of more accurate information for clinical trials in study sizing and realistic patient recruitment for various countries.
- Provide a level of understanding on the impact from specific co-morbid conditions on TB’s prevalent population.
- Examination of the incidence of the different causative species for TB.
- Identify sub-populations within TB which require treatment.
- Gain an understanding of the specific markets that have the largest number of TB patients.
You may also like…
A robust source of evidence-based patients for diseases, hospital admissions and procedures across healthcare markets.