Prevalence of Systemic Lupus Erythematosus in 8 Major Markets 2016-2026
Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE) is an autoimmune disease, characterised by an autoantibody response to nuclear and cytoplasmic antigens. It is a systemic disease, with a large spectrum of signs and symptoms. It is a chronic condition that follows a relapsing and remitting course of its associated manifestations. It can affect the functions and appearance of skin, joints, kidneys, brain, the body’s blood cells and other organs.
This report provides the current prevalence for SLE across 8 Major Markets (USA, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Brazil and Japan) split by gender and 5-year age cohort. Along with the current prevalence, the report also contains a disease overview of the risk factors, disease diagnosis and prognosis along with specific variations by geography and ethnicity.
Providing a value-added level of insight from the analysis team at Black Swan, several of the main symptoms and co-morbidities of SLE have been quantified and presented alongside the overall prevalence figures. These sub-populations within the main disease are also included at a country level across the 10-year forecast snapshot.
Main symptoms and co-morbidities for SLE include:
- Skin lesions & conditions
- Raynaud’s phenomenon
- Lupus Nephritis
This report is built using data and information sourced from the proprietary Epiomic patient segmentation database. To generate accurate patient population estimates, the Epiomic database utilises a combination of several world class sources that deliver the most up to date information from patient registries, clinical trials and epidemiology studies. All of the sources used to generate the data and analysis have been identified in the report.
Reason to buy
- Able to quantify patient populations in global SLE’s market to target the development of future products, pricing strategies and launch plans.
- Gain further insight into the prevalence of the subdivided types of SLE and identify patient segments with high potential.
- Delivery of more accurate information for clinical trials in study sizing and realistic patient recruitment for various countries.
- Provide a level of understanding on the impact from specific co-morbid conditions on SLE’s prevalence.
- Identify sub-populations within SLE which require treatment.
- Gain an understanding of the specific markets that have the largest number of SLE patients.
You may also like…
A robust source of evidence-based patients for diseases, hospital admissions and procedures across healthcare markets.