Prevalence of Restless Legs Syndrome in 13 Major Markets 2016-2026
Restless Legs Syndrome (RLS), also known as Willis-Ekbom Disorder, is a sensimotor sleep disorder. Clinically, RLS is characterized by disagreeable leg sensations occurring most often at sleep onset that provoke an irresistible urge to move legs. Patients with RLS typically complain of itching, creeping and tingling in their legs, usually between the ankle and the knee. The unpleasant sensations occur when the individual is at rest and are more pronounced in the evening or at night. The unpleasant sensations are relieved temporarily with leg movements.
This report provides the current prevalence for Restless Legs Syndrome across 13 Major Markets (USA, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Turkey, Brazil, Mexico, Republic of Korea, India, China and Japan) split by gender and 5-year age cohort. Along with the current prevalence, the report also contains a disease overview of the risk factors, disease diagnosis and prognosis along with specific variations by geography and ethnicity.
Providing a value-added level of insight from the analysis team at Black Swan, several of the main symptoms and co-morbidities of Restless Legs Syndrome have been quantified and presented alongside the overall prevalence figures. These sub-populations within the main disease are also included at a country level across the 10-year forecast snapshot.
Main symptoms and co-morbidities for Restless Legs Syndrome include:
- Periodic Limb Movements
- Panic Disorder
This report is built using data and information sourced from the proprietary Epiomic patient segmentation database. To generate accurate patient population estimates, the Epiomic database utilises a combination of several world class sources that deliver the most up to date information form patient registries, clinical trials and epidemiology studies. All of the sources used to generate the data and analysis have been identified in the report.
Reasons to buy
- Able to quantify patient populations in global Restless Legs Syndrome’s market to target the development of future products, pricing strategies and launch plans.
- Gain further insight into the prevalence of the subdivided types of Restless Legs Syndrome and identify patient segments with high potential.
- Delivery of more accurate information for clinical trials in study sizing and realistic patient recruitment for various countries.
- Provide a level of understanding on the impact from specific co-morbid conditions on Restless Legs Syndrome’s prevalence.
- Identify sub-populations within Restless Legs Syndrome which require treatment.
- Gain an understanding of the specific markets that have the largest number of Restless Legs Syndrome patients.
You may also like…
A robust source of evidence-based patients for diseases, hospital admissions and procedures across healthcare markets.