Prevalence of Neuropathic Pain in 15 Major Markets 2016-2026
Neuropathic pain is generally defined as chronic pain resulting from injury to the nervous system. Neuropathic pain is caused by other conditions or diseases such as diabetes or herpes zoster infection, and is often accompanied by depression, sleep disturbances and fear/anxiety. Nerve fibres may be damaged or dysfunctional, causing incorrect signals to other pain centres.
This report provides the current prevalence for Neuropathic Pain across 15 Major Markets (USA, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Brazil, Japan, India, Mexico, Turkey, Netherlands, Australia, Canada and Poland) split by gender and 5-year age cohort. Along with the current prevalence, the report also contains a disease overview of the risk factors, disease diagnosis and prognosis along with specific variations by geography and ethnicity.
Providing a value-added level of insight from the analysis team at Black Swan, several of the main symptoms and co-morbidities of Neuropathic Pain have been quantified and presented alongside the overall prevalence figures. These sub-populations within the main disease are also included at a country level across the 10-year forecast snapshot.
Main symptoms and co-morbidities for the disease include:
- Abnormal sensations – e.g. paresthesia, allodynia, algesia
- Myelomas and some forms of Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
- Herpes zoster (shingles)
- Chronic lower back pain
- Multiple sclerosis
This report is built using data and information sourced from the proprietary Epiomic patient segmentation database. To generate accurate patient population estimates, the Epiomic database utilises a combination of several world class sources that deliver the most up to date information form patient registries, clinical trials and epidemiology studies. All of the sources used to generate the data and analysis have been identified in the report.
Reason to buy
- Able to quantify patient populations in global Neuropathic Pain’s market to target the development of future products, pricing strategies and launch plans.
- Gain further insight into the prevalence of the subdivided types of Neuropathic Pain and identify patient segments with high potential.
- Delivery of more accurate information for clinical trials in study sizing and realistic patient recruitment for various countries.
- Provide a level of understanding on the impact from specific co-morbid conditions on Neuropathic Pain’s prevalence.
- Identify sub-populations within Neuropathic Pain which require treatment.
- Gain an understanding of the specific markets that have the largest number of Neuropathic Pain patients.
You may also like…
A robust source of evidence-based patients for diseases, hospital admissions and procedures across healthcare markets.