Prevalence of Gout in 15 Major Markets 2015-2025
Gout is caused by the build up of uric acid in the joints due to the body producing too much or excreting too little in the urine, and develops into sodium urate crystals. The formation of these crystals causes pain and inflammation around bone joints. The majority of Gout attacks involve the first metatarsophalangeal joint (FMJ) which is the “big toe” (also known as podagra). It can also occur in other joints of the body such as the spine, other parts of the foot, hips or shoulders and hands.
This report provides the current prevalence for Gout across 15 Major Markets (USA, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Brazil, Japan, Canada, Australia, Netherlands, Czech Republic, Greece, India and Mexico) split by gender and 5-year age cohort. Along with the current prevalence, the report provides an overview of the frequency of Gout flares, joint involvement, kidney function and presence of tophi in Gout. The report also contains a disease overview of the risk factors, disease diagnosis and prognosis along with specific variations by geography and ethnicity.
Providing a value-added level of insight from the analysis team at Black Swan, several of the main symptoms and co-morbidities of the disease have been quantified and presented alongside the overall prevalence figures. These sub-populations within the main disease are also included at a country level across the 10-year forecast snapshot.
Main symptoms and co-morbidities for the disease include:
- Obesity and weight gain
- Kidney stones, renal cysts and renal failure
- Coronary artery disease, Chronic Heart Failure
- Diabetes mellitus
- Metabolic syndrome
This report is built using data and information sourced from the proprietary Epiomic patient segmentation database. To generate accurate patient population estimates, the Epiomic database utilises a combination of several world class sources that deliver the most up to date information form patient registries, clinical trials and epidemiology studies. All of the sources used to generate the data and analysis have been identified in the report.
Reason to buy
- Able to quantify patient populations in global Gout’s market to target the development of future products, pricing strategies and launch plans.
- Gain further insight into the prevalence of the subdivided types of Gout and identify patient segments with high potential.
- Delivery of more accurate information for clinical trials in study sizing and realistic patient recruitment for various countries.
- Provide a level of understanding on the impact from specific co-morbid conditions on Gout’s prevalence.
- Identify sub-populations within Gout which require treatment.
- Gain an understanding of the specific markets that have the largest number of Gout patients.
You may also like…
A robust source of evidence-based patients for diseases, hospital admissions and procedures across healthcare markets.