Incidence of Cervical Cancer in 22 Major Markets 2016-2026
Cervical cancer (ICD-10 code C53, cervix uteri) is a type of cancer that occurs in the cells of the cervix. Cervical cancer is generally preceded by Cervical Intraepithelial Neoplasia (CIN).
Nearly all cervical cancer cases (>90%) have been linked with HPV infection, with identification of 14 high-risk HPV (hrHPV) genotypes linked to cervical cancer.
Typically, squamous cells lining the cervix respond to exposure to HPV infection, causing them to replicate. The extent of abnormal growth (in the pre-cancerous phase) is the basis for CIN grading, from 1 to 3, where 3 represents disorganisation through the full extent of then epithelial layer.
This report provides the current incidence for Cervical Cancer across 22 Major Markets (USA, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Netherlands, Poland, Romania, Russia, Turkey, Australia, Japan, South Korea, China, India, Argentina, Brazil, Mexico, South Africa and Saudi Arabia) split by gender and 5-year age cohort. Along with the current incidence, the report also contains a disease overview of the risk factors, disease diagnosis and prognosis along with specific variations by geography and ethnicity.
Providing a value-added level of insight from the analysis team at Black Swan, several of the main symptoms and co-morbidities of Cervical Cancer have been quantified and presented alongside the overall incidence figures. These sub-populations within the main disease are also included at a country level across the 10-year forecast snapshot.
The following conditions are associated with the disease:
- Infection with HPV genotypes 16 & 18
- Unprotected sex
- Extended use of oral contraceptives
- Impaired immunity
This report is built using data and information sourced from the proprietary Epiomic patient segmentation database. To generate accurate patient population estimates, the Epiomic database utilises a combination of several world class sources that deliver the most up to date information from patient registries, clinical trials and epidemiology studies. All of the sources used to generate the data and analysis have been identified in the report.
Reason to buy
- Able to quantify patient populations in global Cervical Cancer market to target the development of future products, pricing strategies and launch plans.
- Gain further insight into the incidence of the subdivided types of Cervical Cancer and identify patient segments with high potential.
- Delivery of more accurate information for clinical trials in study sizing and realistic patient recruitment for various countries.
- Provide a level of understanding on the impact from specific co-morbid conditions on Cervical Cancer’s incidence.
- Identify sub-populations within Cervical Cancer which require treatment.
- Gain an understanding of the specific markets that have the largest number of Cervical Cancer patients.
You may also like…
Segment & understand oncology markets using our forecasting platform, with coverage for 8 countries, including Japan, Brazil and the US.
A robust source of evidence-based patients for diseases, hospital admissions and procedures across healthcare markets.